EtherFly allows all the drives that control the distributed devices in a system to be connected to a unique and standardized Ethernet network and provides an unrivaled level of performance, a quality of services and a native protection against intrusion that current field busses will not provide.
Because of the level of performance, EtherFly may be used to replace existing solutions and may also offer new capabilities to simplify the allocation of control command loops; this allows replacement of complex and costly drives with much simpler drives. It also allows to dramatically reducing the life cycle cost by providing a very high level of reliability and an incremental upgrade path for the connected devices.
This application domain covers several use cases as well as:
• Distributed electrical power for cars, buses and trucks;
• Servo Motors and Actuator Drives distributed architecture;
• Automated assembly systems;
• Industrial machines such as Milling machines, Laser cutting, Packaging machines, Pick & Place Machines, Printing machines and presses, Pulp and paper machines, Welding machines, Woodworking machines, …;
• Industrial Robotics ;
• Test Benches;
• Control of high sophisticated equipment for Physics.
What are the main benefits provided by EtherFly?
• High precision synchronization; this increases the global system performance and the life cycle cost. For instance, for printing applications, this allows higher speed as well as higher printing quality, in packaging applications, it allows an increase of the throughput as well as a reduction of the errors due to bad position of an object … • Very low latency and predictable communication times; this reduces the risk of failure due to commands being delivered late and ensures precise coordination between each servomotors or actuators.
• Efficient Bandwidth use; this lets the applications control more servomotors and reduce the risk of traffic congestion that may slow down the system.
• Fail-Safe communication; this guarantees delivery despite the failure of part of the communication network.
• Health-Monitoring and Data integrity; this detects any cause of failure and allows activation of a fail-safe mode or stops the system safely.
• Security; this prevents any unauthorized external attempt to enter the communication network and to influence or modify the system behavior.